Thursday, April 8, 2010

March 28

Today is my weekend work day. I just finished putting the girls to sleep and I’m extremely tired. The girl that usually takes care of them tells them stories at night. This is a lot harder than it sounds. In case you forgot… I’m in Honduras. I’m still dealing with these things in Spanish. I‘m not where I want to be in my Spanish, but I’m still trying my hardest to tell them stories on the days I put them to bed. I’m surprised the girls don’t pass on the stories. They still want to hear it even though they have to wait extra long for the words to come out of my mouth and a lot of times they have to correct me. Thankfully they’re patient with me in that area. The problem is, as soon as Amanda leaves this week, they’re going to be asking me for more stories. While this may be good for my Spanish, it means I have to work extra hard to search for stories. I’m already struggling to remember stories. Don't judge me, but...I took the video fifty first dates and told them that… well… the general idea. Girl has a serious problem, guy falls in love with her, guy works to get her, girl doesn’t want him to get hurt, guy leaves, guy comes back, happy ending. I only hope they understood. Uncle Arthur, where are you when I need you?

No comments:

Post a Comment