Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 16

It was a sad day for many of the kids today. Two of the volunteers Hannah and Laurel left this morning. I watched as Hannah embraced one of the girls. The car was ready to go, but they continued to hold each other for what seemed like forever. Things would never be the same for them. It hurt me to watch because I knew that my time would coming soon. Last night there was a special worship and some of the kids went up and said some things about the girls and thanking them for their love and their friendship. Many of the kids were crying and I wanted to cry myself. It reminded me how short of a time I have here and that I need to spend all the time I can with these kids. I don’t want to miss out on any memories I can have with them because it’s going to be over before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment