Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 4

Today some of us went to a waterfall. It was a really nice break from taking care of the girls. We drove for about an hour to get to the starting point and then hiked for a little bit until we go there. The weather was cold because we were up in the mountains, but somehow the kids still convinced me to get in the water… or was it that they splashed water on me until I got in? I can’t remember. J Either way, it was a lot of fun.

Sometimes I forget that I’m in Honduras. Outings such as this one remind me where I am and how lucky I am to have this opportunity. I live in this beautiful country and I can drive forty five minutes and literally be in the jungle. I went swimming by a waterfall today and drove back home in the back of a pick up truck while it was raining. I know that may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I definitely loved it. Life back at home is nothing like life over here and I know that I’m going to miss it. Sometimes I don’t always make the most of my time here and instead of choosing to go out and have an adventure with the kids, I choose to stay behind. I hope that I don’t do that these last two months. I want to soak in all that I can before I have to leave it all behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment