Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 18

Today we said goodbye to our room. Two of the volunteers left last week and so the room was open for the taking. At first we were hesitant because our smelly cramped cubicle had grown on us over these last 7 months. We had a lot of good memories in there… Javier and his cookies, waking up to Elias making his raptor sound, learning how to hula while the boys were gone, being able to walk out and say goodnight to the boys, throwing things over the wall, the alergia song on the ukelele, and so many more. Of course sometimes these memories were not so pleasant such as the smell or when they threw gross stuff over the wall. Altogether, it was a good experience and I will miss that room.

Now we’re settled in the new room and there are some perks. First thing that comes to mind is the space. In our old room sometimes I would actually stress out when there were too many kids in our room (claustrophobia?), but now it doesn‘t bother me. Another thing is that this room is altogether cooler. If the fans weren’t working in our other room, we would start dripping sweat quickly. A third thing is the refrigerator. We have one!! This is very very very exciting especially after a long day at the Infa when I crave cold water. Also I have a place to put my nutella (thanks mom). And to top it off, we have hot water in our bathroom! It’s been a while since I’ve actually wanted to stay in the shower for longer than a second. I feel very spoiled… and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment