Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 2

It’s my second day with the girls and I’ve already cried. Today I had to get them to clean their room before they showered for vespers. I was trying so hard, but no one would listen. They also kept reminding me that they didn’t like me and wanted me to go back to America because they wanted the other volunteer back. They gave me so much attitude, I wanted to scream. So instead of screaming, I just walked out of the room and fast walked to my room, closed the door and cried. I think the girls realized they had pushed me to my point and one of the girls came in after a while and said they had cleaned the room. Thankfully I had enough time to fix my face. I know that it’s hard for them because year after year, they become close to someone and they end up leaving. They have to have a defense mechanism. I don’t blame them for my mini break down, I’m just frustrated with the situation. I don’t know how to fix it and I’m tired of having to fight with them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment