Wednesday, October 7, 2009

September 28

Today, I beat Tarynn. Before you jump to conclusions and think I’ve suddenly turned violent, I’ll clarify. Tarynn eats faster than anyone I know. One minute the food is there and the next minute it’s gone. We’ve talked about this many times… especially when we’re eating baleadas and she finishes ten minutes before I do. She’s grown up in a very active family and she said that her brother’s only reason to stop to eat is to live. So whenever she ate, she ate quickly so she could go on and do the anything else that was more important. I, on the other hand, find food to be very important… not that I’m a slow eater… I’m just faster than Tarynn. Haha, but today, I beat her with our topoigios (little frozen treats). We both laughed when we realized how fast I had eaten and she suggested that I record this moment in my blog… and so I did. 

On to other things… we went to another water park type thing today, but this time it was with the Infa. The bus driver came to tell us that he would meet us at the escuela (elementary school) at around 10 and so we waited there for the bus. We saw the bus from a distance and there were kids heads and arms flying out all of the windows. It came closer and we heard our names being screamed by the whole bus of children. We realized that this was as close as we are ever going to get to being celebrities and so we enjoyed it while we could.

We arrived safely after fifteen minutes and we experienced a little déjà vu because when we got there, the main pool was drained. It seemed oddly familiar to the time when we went to the water park with the Hogar children and the main pool was drained. The kids were forced to swim at a smaller pool. I was surprised how nice this park was because it was free for the kids. Don’t get me wrong… it was still terribly dirty and extremely dangerous (there was this water dumping thing that was so strong that the younger kids couldn’t go on without us hugging them and making sure they wouldn’t get hurt). It was a fun day, but I am really tired of yelling at kids to stop doing things.

Anyways, things are going great here. It’s gotten a lot easier going through these days. The kids are still very hard to handle and they don’t listen… but they do have their shining moments. It also helps to know that people at home are thinking about me and praying for me. So thank you again for all of your support… it means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment