Friday, October 30, 2009

october 25

Apparently I’m allergic to something… because I’ve had hives for 3 (going on 4) days now. It all started Thursday at 12 in the morning. My eyelids were feeling heavy, but I couldn’t sleep. I felt more itchy than sleepy. I ended up getting up to go to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and I gasped. I looked like a little bug or like I had just cried for a week straight. No wonder my eyelids were feeling heavy… they were GIGANTIC! I looked down at my arms and saw hives all over me. I went over to my “medicine cabinet” (it’s a Ziploc bag on my shelf) and looked desperately for some Benadryl. I didn’t pack any. Great. Now I had to deal with this until morning. I couldn’t sleep the whole night. I slept for maybe 3 hours but it was all broken up. Every time I’d wake up again, it took forever for me to fall back asleep. It was a very long night. At around 5, I got up to ask the “main mom” Maria Jose if she had any allergy medicine. She had something called Alergia and so I took that. Another volunteer lent me some Benadryl too. And since then, I’ve had hives. It’s Sunday. I want to scratch my skin off. I’m hoping it’ll go away soon because I’m getting very sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment