Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 27

I’m going to miss the rain here. I remember when I first experienced the mutant rain. We were in devotional and there was no possible way that anything could be heard. The speaker had to shout to get us to hear him and even then, it wasn‘t too successful. At first I did not think of it as a positive thing… especially when Tarynn and I had to sleep across both of our beds because the bottom half of hers was wet. But as this country has grown on me, so has the rain. I always love the nights that the rain starts to pour. I love the fact that you can’t hear anyhthing but the rain crashing on whatever gets in its way. Last night the mutant drops rushed down with its usual fury. I could’ve sat watching it pour all night, but instead, I joined the fun. I had already put the girls to bed and there were only a couple of the older kids up. I was playing around with Nabil telling her that I would push her in the water. She of course, being way stronger than I am tried to push me in. I was ready and willing to be soaked… the problem was getting her to get in with me. I risked falling in the mud and as she pushed me, I pulled her down with all my strength. We were soaking wet the second we stepped out of the covering. There was no point in going back under the covering and so we played in the rain and in the puddles. I love how this place makes me do things I would never do back at home. When was the last time you’ve played in the rain and splashed in puddles? Am I going crazy? Could be… but God gave us his creation not only to see his perfection and beauty, but to enjoy it… and that’s what I’m going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment