Friday, November 13, 2009

nov 13

Picture this: It’s a warm day and you just ate a full meal and your stomach is feeling very happy. Now you have to take a very boring class or you’re in a very boring meeting where the person talking seems to be saying the same things that seem very irrelevant to you. You know you should listen, but sometimes you forget why. You sit in the warm room with your happy full stomach and what do you do?

You doze off!! Of course. This is what happens on the bus ride home. I know, it’s a problem, but I can’t help myself. I try so hard to keep my eyes wide open, but I find myself catching my head from falling. It’s really bad. I’m just so tired… and my stomach is really full… and we take the same old route home everyday. It’s no excuse. Well anyways, today, there was this old man sitting a few rows ahead of me. He looked like he hadn’t showered in a week and he was carrying a broom stick. Yes. There was nothing on the end. It was just a broom stick. Anyways, his clothes were dirty and his face was worn from both age and sun. He turned around and saw me fighting so hard to stay awake. He gave me a small smile. I didn’t think it was a big deal. I wasn’t fully convinced that he saw me dozing off. I thought he was being nice. The next time he looked back and saw me do it again, he gave me the full smile. I could see into his mouth where some of his teeth should have been. I gave him an embarrassed face and looked away. Unfortunately we had the same stop. He got off the bus and when we met up with him, he started laughing at me and I couldn’t help but laugh with him. Then he started to imitate me. This toothless old man didn’t stop there. Tarynn had to buy something at the little stand by the Hogar and so we stopped there. I figured he had already left toward his house. To my surprise, he was on the other side of the street. He saw us and he seriously took his finger, pointed at me, and laughed. Some random Honduran man was across the street pointing and laughing at me. I always thought it would feel ten times worse if someone pointed and laughed at me… but now I know how it feels. Haha, that taught me never to sleep on the bus ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment