Friday, November 13, 2009

nov 11

Happy birthday mom!!

The thing about being here is that I can’t see my family very often and I miss celebrating birthdays and other things with my family. Thanksgiving is going to be very sad over here! Tarynn and I talked about going home today. It’s only been about two and a half months and we miss it all very much. It really feels like I’ve been here for a lot longer than 2 months. It’s not like I don’t like it here. I love these kids, but it’s just hard to be away from everything I know so well.

Anyways, I talked to my brother today. He’s in the doctoral program for psychology in Loma Linda. Good thing about that is that he’s going to be specializing in children psychology. Horray for me! His advice to me: positive reinforcement. So last week I had the girls and I gave them little treats if they did well, but today I talked to him and he said that even if I just tell them that they’re doing a good job throughout the day, it’ll help. So that is my plan. Positive reinforcement. I really wish someone was here to give me positive reinforcement… preferably with ice cream. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment