Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 21

I don’t know if the heat has really fried my brain, or if I’m just naturally forgetful… but either way, I neglected to tell you about a very exciting night that Tarynn and I had this past week. The mutant Honduran rain decided to pay us a visit the other night. I’m only remembering this because right now as I type, the rain is pouring so hard on the roof that I can barely hear anything and people are yelling. I almost feel like the rain is going to break the whole building down. I can feel the wind from outside in my room. The thunder doesn’t help me feel any safer either. Anyways, the other night, the killer rain decided to come through the roof onto Tarynn’s bed. The bottom half of Tarynn’s bed was soaked! We didn’t know what to do because Tarynn had to sleep somewhere and we were getting super tired. Since our beds were already pushed together, Tarynn suggested that we both sleep across the top halves of our beds. We really should’ve taken a picture because we looked pretty funny sleeping so smushed together. We stayed dry and we both actually slept okay. The next day, we had someone fix our leak. After we had someone go up on the roof to fix it, we almost regretted it because it sounded like the roof was going to collapse. We also saw his fingers come through the roof in a different spot and we can still see the sun through it. That spot only leaks a little and it’s not over our beds, so we’ve accepted that one. There’s also another little leak by the entrance of our room, but it’s not as bad. Haha, I guess we just can’t escape the killer rain.


Another exciting thing… I found another Jane Austen lover. Okay, well… it may not be exciting for you, but this was very exciting for ME. I’m sure it’s not hard to find a Jane Austen lover, but I still felt very happy… especially finding one in Honduras. I glimpsed at the book that Txus was reading and I thought it said Jane Austen. I was right! She was reading Pride and Prejudice. It is her favorite book… and mine too. I lent her mine because she wanted to read it in English. It’s a good thing I already finished it otherwise I’d have a little trouble parting with it. Tarynn opened up to a page and read a little bit of it to see if she might be interested in reading it after Txus. She read a few lines and then closed the book. Haha, I guess it’s not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment