Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9

Again with the sad moments… Maria gave me a letter telling me that I’m like a sister to her and that she loves me and that I’m always in her heart. She said that when I go, I have to tell everyone there about the Hogar and she said not to forget about her. She also said that I should study hard so that I can return someday to see her. I wanted to cry. I still have 3 months left! Am I ever going to see these kids again?? I don’t want to lose contact with them, but how am I going to do that when the kids are so far and they don’t exactly have a lot of internet or phone access. This is going to be very hard.

I had talked to one of the teachers at the high school and asked if she would come help kids at the Infa who couldn‘t read. She had done this program before, but stopped for some reason. The volunteer that took care of the Infa before had paid her $2.50 for each hour. She agreed to start it up again. I would do it, but my Spanish isn’t perfect and I can’t help the kids the way someone like her could. I told a few of the kids who couldn’t read to stay and I bribed them with lollipops. We waited and waited but she never showed up. Some of the kids really wanted her to come and I was really excited about it too. It was a huge disappointment for me when she never showed up. I’m hoping she just forgot because I’m not wanting to give up on this.

Um so in the middle of this blog, a little mouse decided to grace us with its presence. So now I’m here refusing to step off of my bed and Carlitos (works maintenance) searched for the mouse. After 5 minutes of searching, he decided that it wasn’t going to show up and that we’d have to call him if we see it again. So for now, Tarynn and I have a new little roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment