Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nov 26

Happy thanksgiving!

… okay, so it wasn’t as happy for me, but I’m trying to be thankful here! It’s hard to be away from family when you know they’re all gathering together without you. Tarynn and I were talking about our Thanksgivings and I’ve become more aware of how strange my family may seem to other American families. While some families eat apple pie and mashed potatoes, we have barbeque, rice, and some weird gooey purple stuff for desert. And although my family may not have the most traditional Thanksgiving, we spend it together and I believe that’s the most important thing. I’ve realized how hard the holidays are going to be. Today some of the kids graduated high school and so the tables were set up different and we ate enchiladas, veggie meat, and soup. This was very exciting because on Thursdays, the dinner menu usually consists of bread (it may be good or bad, depending on what kid made it that day) and some weird soy spread.

I’m thankful for:
God’s love (seriously could not make it through these 3 months without this)
Family and friends
Good health
Running water
My own bed
Enchiladas, veggie meat, and soup
Jane Austen
Internet, no matter how limited
Phone cards!! (Since I can’t have my family with me, I’ve got to make do)

No comments:

Post a Comment