Thursday, June 3, 2010

May 18

I was combing through Rosita’s hair and she was telling me about her day. As I started to braid her hair, I commented on how pretty her hair was. She thanked me politely and then she shared her thoughts with me. “I’m going to change my name to Ingris,” she said to me very decidedly. I was surprised at the random change of subject and the choice of name. I asked her why she wanted to do that. I told her that I thought her name was very pretty. She politely thanked me again, but she didn’t agree at all. She then explained what steps she was going to take to make it happen. The steps pretty much turned into one step which was talking to her dad. She explained that she was going to go to her dad and tell him that he should change her name to Ingris. She seemed very serious. I reassured her again that I really liked the name that she had, but she was very determined. Aren’t we all like that? Haha, here I go taking lessons out of everything. We’re determined to change ourselves even when it’s the way God made us. Even if we don’t think that we’re beautiful or if we think low of ourselves, there’s always that One person who thinks we’re perfect just the way we are and we should be able to accept that and see how things are great just the way they are. Rositas parents probably would not appreciate the fact that she wanted to change the name that they had chosen for her… and I think the same thing goes for our heavenly Father. Have we ever stopped to think how God feels when we say that we want Him to change who we are when He Himself made us that way, a work of art? Anyways… just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment