Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 2, 2009

I know, I know. It’s been a long time. I have an excuse . My computer decided to give up on this whole Honduras thing. It proved to be more out of shape than I am and refuses to turn it’s screen on. And because I’d rather not spend the money to be on the internet for long periods of time, I just neglected my blog altogether… but good news! My parents have come to visit me and my dad is letting me use his laptop while I’m here so my period of neglect is over and I’ll be typing more novels for you to read… at least I’ll try to.

This past month has been a little problematic. Tarynn and I have been having issues at the Infa and we‘ve both been stressed. I don’t want to go into all the details but after we’ve had a few meetings, we’re hoping things will get better. I just want to ask that you keep us and the Infa in your prayers.

On to the happier things.

My parents are here!! This means many things. This means that I’m going to gain half of my body weight in these two weeks because of all the wonderful goodies they’ve brought. This also means that I’m actually taking a vacation! Horray! I’m going off with my family for 6 days to different places here on Honduras. While I’m bubbling with happiness, I also feel guilty for leaving Tarynn and the kids for so long. I’ve signed up for this, and I just feel like vacations are unnecessary. Also, I’m nervous how this is going to affect me when they leave. I’m scared that homesickness may come hunt me down, but I guess I can’t worry about it now.

I want you all to know that I’ve been working on my drawing skills, although instead of getting better, it‘s slowly gotten worse. Everyday, the kids beg us to let them color (thanks to a friend of Tarynn’s we have a little crate full of colors). I used to cherish coloring time, but recently things have changed. When coloring was peaceful, the kids would draw house after house after house with their interesting color combinations. The orange and purple house is a crowd favorite and there‘s always a blue dog or rainbow colored cat thrown into the mix to make the picture complete. Then when the Christmas season came, coloring time was changed forever. In an ignorant attempt to broaden their horizons, I decided that I would draw them Christmas trees to color. I did not realize that that was the end of my peaceful color time. The kids began to ask for different pictures. At first, this was great and I thought it would be fun, but you know how many of us are, we tend to steer towards what we’re used to. They went back to drawing the same things over and over again, but this time they weren’t drawing it… I was. I drew countless Christmas trees and Santas for them to color and instead of getting better every time, they‘ve slowly gotten worse. Thankfully the kids don’t notice and they look at their Christmas tree that has a hint of resemblance to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and they smile as if they had never seen anything so beautiful. I’m very thankful for that. The Christmas season lasted a lot longer than it should have and I was drawing Christmas trees and Santas way past Christmas. I figured that I’d try to change things up again. Currently, I’m drawing princes on horses fighting dragons for the boys and Cinderella and her carriage for the girls. Cinderella has quickly found her way to being my least favorite Disney character ever. Thankfully the girls still love her with her crooked face and deformed carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment